Sunday, March 11, 2012

Swatch & Review: Wet N Wild Trios

Hi everyone! Today I decided to swatch and review some of my favorite eyeshadows, Wet N Wild Trios. Of course, I'm not being paid to do this, I just wanted to share some great products with you!

I have two of these, a dramatic look, and a neutral look. I've only used the dramatic look once, but I've used the pink for a lot of looks. That one is called 'Spoiled Brat' it includes an extremely metallic silver, black with legit glitter flakes, and a hot hot hot pink. All of the colors are so pigmented! They're basically TOO pigmented. You have to use a really light touch with these.

The neutral trio is called 'Walking on Eggshells' and is one of the most popular ones. It includes a shimmery vanilla color, cocoa brown, and shimmery champagne. This is the look I've been using almost every day lately and it looks great.

Both of these trios could work on just about ANY skin tone! Wet N Wild is sometimes hard to find, I've seen it at Walgreens and Fred Meyer, but it could be in other places too. Mine were between 2-4 dollars, I
don't remember the exact price. Wet N Wild also sells these in sets of 6 or 8, and singles.

Overall I really recommend these shadows if you're looking for something inexpensive and pigmented. You can really find any color you need, and I find these are better than lots of Maybelline shadows I've tried.

In the picture to the left, I have 'Walking on Eggshells' swatched. The top is the browbone color, you can tell it's very shimmery, and it's not quite white, it's more cream or vanilla. The second color is the crease color, it looks somewhat matte in the photo, but being a cheap brand, it's shimmery. The bottom color is a little harder to see, it's the least pigmented of them all, but it works really well as a lid color.

In the next picture, I swatched 'Spoiled Brat'. On the left, you can see a metallic silver browbone color, that I really would never wear on my brows, I would use it as an alternate lid color. The middle is a glittery black. You could use this on your outer corner to darken looks, or for a smokey look. Last is a hot pink, the only problem with this one is that it has a ton of fallout. I love the color though! It's not very wearable either, but in a small amount someone could pull it off.

What do you think of these shadows?
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment