Summer is right around the corner, and in some places summer weather is already happening! That's not the case for me, but for my readers, here are thirteen summer makeup tips.
1. Use sunscreen. You should use this year round, but especially in the summer. You can still get your long awaited tan with sunscreen!
2. Use tinted moisturizer instead of foundation. Tinted moisturizer will give you some coverage, but without it being too heavy. It's great to get one with SPF to protect your skin from the sun, then you don't need to also use sunscreen. Just less products! I honestly prefer to go more natural in the summer and I only use concealer for face products.
3. Use a face primer. If you're still going to wear face makeup, you should use a primer to keep the makeup from sliding off your face, this is especially important if you have oily skin because it will come off even easier.
4. Use a setting spray. A popular setting spray among the beauty community is the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. I haven't tried this one, but it is a favorite for a lot of people. This, again, is to keep makeup in place and keep it from sliding off your face.
5. Use eyeshadow primer. Obviously, this is to keep your eye makeup from coming off or creasing throughout those long summer days. Some favorites are UD Primer Potion, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, and NYX HD eye primer.
6. Buy a good waterproof mascara. They are definitely harder to remove, but it will be worth it to keep your mascara from running all over your face. You could even skip eyeshadow all together and just make your lashes fabulous, and you'll still have a completed look!
7. You don't neeeeeeed blush in the summer. Being out in the sun will give you a natural glow anyway! But if you are going to use one, cream is the way to go.
8. Use bronzer. Bronzer will give you a sunkissed glow, and a slimming effect when you use it on the edges of your face (contouring, temples, etc,) and make sure you blend it down your neck if you use it all over your face!
9. Use a lip stain. A lip stain will stay on longer because of course, it's a stain. You don't want to be constantly reapplying lip gloss or lip stick throughout the day! This brings me to my next tip....
10. Use a lip balm with SPF. The lip stain will dry out your lips, and a lip balm will add a beautiful shine and moisture to your lips. Get one with SPF to be even better!
11. Avoid using oily products. Even if you don't have oily skin, you will tend to be more oily in the summer. Use as many oil free products as you can find!
12. Bring blotting papers wherever you go. When you're sweating, you want to make sure you get that off your face to stay fresh and clean!
13. Remember that summer is for fun! Go crazy with your makeup, wear bright colors, do what YOU want because it's YOUR face and YOUR summer!
Share your summer makeup tips with other readers in the comments!