Saturday, May 5, 2012

Coastal Scents 88 Original Palette Review & Swatches

I'm sure you've heard of the Coastal Scents 88 palettes, there are so many different color selections you can buy and I have found the PERFECT palette. Of course, every product has its flaws, so I'll be going through everything you need to know about this palette.

 Here are all the colors! The first 2 columns and the last 2 columns include lots of wearable shades that include both mattes and shimmers. There are a lot of beautiful highlight shades, skin tone shades, and a great gold I love! These are a lot smaller than I was expecting, I was thinking they would be the size of a quarter or a nickel, but they're dime size. Now that I have it, I think that's a perfect size. The packaging is very simple and sleek. A lot of people have problems with the pans falling out of their spots after a year or two, but I've only had this for 4 months. I love wetting an eyeliner brush and dipping it in a bright color so I can transform them into the now popular,


color eyeliner. This way you don't have to go out and spend hundreds of dollars on different colored eyeliners. The quality of the shadows really varies from color to color. Some are extremely sheer, like the yellow, some greens, and some of the nude shades. Some are very pigmented too! The dark ones are really great. A lot of them have fallout as well, the red definitely has a problem with that, as well as the gold that I use a lot. This palette also includes a nice matte black, which is great, but it's not very black. It's swatched in the picture with the neutral colors, it's the darkest one you see there. I feel like this is a great palette to have because you have every color you could possibly need. They aren't as great of quality as Urban Decay, MAC, or other high end brands, but I feel like it's worth it rather than buying every color of the rainbow for $20 a shadow, when you get all of these for the same price. You can definitely buy some high end shadows in colors that you wear a lot, but again, this is great for doing other peoples' makeup and for costume makeup. I love that it comes with matte and shimmer, but in equal amounts. Most palettes will include a few matte shades, but almost all shimmer. This one has at least 1/3 matte colors which is great. In the color swatches, you can see how pigmented a lot of the colors are. I recommend buying the palette off of Amazon.com because in my experience, the shipping took only a few days. I don't know how long Coastal Scents takes to ship, but I do know Amazon is great. I paid 19.95 for my palette + shipping, and I am very happy with it. I use it all the time and it's great for tutorials because a lot of people own this or at least know what I'm talking about.

Okay, I feel like I've been really repetitive during this review, but overall I would rate it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

xoxo,
Kendra

No comments:

Post a Comment